Reno-Stead Airport (RTS) Offers
The Reno-Stead Airport is a 5,000 acre general aviation facility that serves as a reliever airport for Reno-Tahoe International Airport. Approximately 200 aircraft are based at Reno-Stead. This award winning airfield earned a well-deserved Airport Safety Award in 2006 from the Federal Aviation Administration in recognition of its safety enhancements, tenant relations, and community outreach.
Photos courtesy of Mark Johnston - www.intsysint.com
Located approximately 15 miles north of Reno, Reno-Stead Airport is working to develop itself as a major economic hub in the north valley. Recent improvements have included a new Air Tanker Facility opened by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) as well as 9,000 feet of new runway and upgrades to runway lighting.
Click on the map to see in a larger pdf format.
- 3,000 acres available for development
- Rare airside access at general aviation/reliever airport
- Annexed into City of Reno
- Rail spur option
- Two Runways
- Instrument Landing System and GPS approaches
- Airfield designed to commercial aircraft standards for emergency reliever use
- Over $40 million has been invested in airport improvements over the last seven years
New Developments Available at Reno-Stead Airport:
Reno-Stead Terminal (PDF)
For more information regarding economic development opportunities at Reno-Stead Airport, please contact Tina Iftiger, Vice President of Airport Economic Development, at 775-328-6417 or email@example.com.