A message from the President/CEO to all general aviation pilots.
To our partners in aviation:
Reno-Tahoe International Airport works in partnership with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to enhance safety and minimize the incidence of runway incursions and pilot deviations. As users of the airport, general aviation pilots play a key role in ensuring aircraft safety in the air and on the ground.
To enhance safety at Reno-Tahoe International, please add the following items to your pre-flight checklist:
- Check NOTAMs for construction related closures.
- Monitor the ATIS on 135.8 prior to entering class “C” airspace at Reno or contacting ground control for taxi instructions.
- Contact Reno ground control on 121.9 prior to beginning your taxi.
- Be alert and listen for any hold-short instructions from ATC.
- Pay close attention to directional signage and surface markings.
Verify that you have the proper ATC clearance prior to entering any active movement areas.
If you would like further information or have any suggestions, please call the RNO Operations Department at (775) 328-6490 or toll-free at 1-877-RENOFLY, both available 24/7.