Awards and Recognition
We not only move individuals from place-to-place, but we move them by providing a memorable, positive travel experience. This speaks to customer service, as well as the cleanliness, safety, and efficiency of our facilities. We help businesses meet their objectives by affording them efficient, cost-effective, and convenient travel routes, while also offering facilities for tenants and vendors. We help our industry advance by actively participating in development of new equipment, processes and technology, as well as stimulate economic opportunity and growth for the communities in our region.
We work hard to recognize and appreciate our employees through a variety of ways, including the below award programs.
The Plane Awesome Award
This award is given to an individual employee or company operating within RNO who displays commendable service and support to our passengers and airport. The winner meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Builds strong relationships with customers
- Proactively reaches out to learn about customer goals and interests
- Places high priority on customer needs, concerns, and satisfaction
- Effectively manages customer expectations
- Resolves customer concerns in a calm, positive, and sensitive manner
- Makes customers feel valued and appreciated
- Responds promptly to customer questions and requests
- Takes responsibility for meeting customer needs
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to foster collaboration, communication, and cooperation among colleagues, members of the airport community or outside agencies.
Plane Awesome Award Recipients:
- David Apkarian, American Airlines, 2017
- Wes Daniels, Prologis, 2017
- Melissa Farnsworth and Don Clark, Southwest Airlines, 2018
- Maryknoll Clark and Irish Bernardo, Avis Car Rental, 2019
- Jordan Ruiz and Blanca Rivera, McDonald’s, 2020
- Robert W. Arroyo, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, 2020
- RNO Transportation Security Administration (TSA), 2021
RTAA THRIVE Awards
The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority encompasses a culture of teamwork, honesty, respect, innovation and excellence. This THRIVE culture is part of what we do every day, and employees are recognized for their dedication to our values through the RTAA THRIVE awards.
As part of our THRIVE awards, each year a RTAA employee is awarded with the President/CEO “We Move You” award. Recipients include:
- Aaron Wolfe-Payton, 2011
- Julie Sternberg, 2012
- Trish Tucker, 2013
- Rick miller, 2014
- Ted Ohm, 2015
- Loretta McNabb, 2016
- Lissa Butterfield, 2017
- Airfield Team, 2018
- Airport Duty Managers, 2019
- Shawna Carpenter, 2020
- Annie Turner, 2021
- George Lanyon, 2022
Feedback from Our Passengers
In a recent survey sent to our newsletter subscribers, they had the following to say about RNO.
“Coming into this airport is like coming home. You have the shops, the coffee places, the wonderful signs. Your people are friendly and helpful. Keep that feeling.” – Cathy
“I love using RNO because it has retained its friendly hometown quality though it has grown so much over the years. It remains my favorite airport ever. And flights are usually on time!” – Lisa
“I really appreciate the very helpful employees. Of all the airports I’ve been to, Reno is the easiest and most comfortable for me.” – Stephanie
The heart of this positive feedback are the airport employees and tenants, who are dedicated to providing the best first and last impression of our region.