Airport Noise Monitoring and Complaints
The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority monitors noise through an Airport Noise & Operations Monitoring System (ANOMS). ANOMS allows for community members to access near real-time flight tracking data and report noise complaints online. The ANOMS automatically matches noise complaints with the aircraft operations and noise events.
The Airport Noise & Operations Monitoring System (ANOMS) became available to the public on March 23, 2010, and was installed in 2004 after the airport accepted a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airport Improvement Program (AIP) grant in the amount of $1,875,000 for the installation of the new system.
- ANOMS collects extensive information on aircraft operations including aircraft type, flight tracks, runway use, approach and departure profiles, and activity levels.
- ANOMS includes fourteen noise monitors permanently placed in locations throughout the valley which collect long-term noise data in the communities surrounding the airport.
File a Noise Complaint
Follow these steps to file a noise complaint using the online ANOMS WebTrak system:
- Click the link above to the WebTrak system.
- Click “Investigate” on the top navigation bar to the left.
- Follow the instructions on how to track a noise or flight that occurred near you.
- You can also click directly to the “Show Complaint Form,” however, identifying the location and time period will help provide you with a better response.
- Fill out the Noise Complaint Form (will pop up in a separate window) and click “Submit Complaint.”
Registering a noise complaint through the WebTrak system allows for the airport to learn more about when and where the aircraft noise occurred to provide you with a better response and information. Please make sure the pop-up blocker on your web browser allows for the complaint form.
All recorded noise complaints are stored in a database and reported to the Airport Noise Advisory Panel on a quarterly basis.
Alternate Noise Complaint Options
Call the Noise Complaint Hotline available 24/7:
Use or Contact Form Ask the Airport with the Subject “Noise.”
Airport Noise Advisory Panel
The Airport Noise Advisory Panel (ANAP) is a citizen-lead panel, appointed by their individual governing bodies, who support and promote greater communication regarding airport noise to community members, various public bodies, and the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority Board of Trustees.