Tenants and Vendor Services
The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority (RTAA) collaborates with many service providers, helping travelers to and from RNO get where they need to be, with the amenities they need to create the most positive travel experience possible. Tenants and Vendors can find more information below on how to operate at the Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
Tenant Improvement Permit and Requirements
The Tenant Improvement Permits are designed to:
- Assist tenants with their contractual requirements
- Minimize tenant design expense
- Ensure smooth and timely construction
With the exception of routine maintenance on tenant-installed equipment, airport approval is required any time a tenant desires to perform interior/exterior construction on airport property.
Tenant Improvement Permit Form
A Tenant Improvement Permit must be submitted and approved prior to scheduling or conducting any work.
Submit the Tenant Improvement Permit and be sure to include, as applicable:
- Contractor information and insurance certificate
- Location map and details for the installation
- Stamped drawings
- Where anything will be mounted (and how)
- Details on the mounts
- Where power will come from
- Product spec. sheet(s)
- Power draw
- Operation method (how it is turned on and off)
- Anticipated start and completion date
- Work schedule
- Including any plans which will require RTAA to provide access or support
- The COR permit
- Any other pertinent information
Information should be submitted to the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, Airport Economic Development Department. Please call (775) 328-6418 and note that work cannot begin until the Notice to Proceed is issued by the RTAA. Upon completion of the project, the tenant should notify the department representative.
Approval Process and Guidelines
The Airport Improvement Guidelines (AIG) is a combination of tenant design guidelines, terminal design guidelines, and construction guidelines. It was created to enhance the approval, permitting, and construction processes within the terminal at Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
For questions please contact the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, Airport Economic Development Department at (775) 328-6418.