Title VI Complaint Procedure
RNO has established, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the following Complaint Procedure to be used by persons who allege a complaint of a violation of Title VI. These procedures are for complaints of discrimination, other than employment discrimination by RNO.
If you believe that you have been excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of or subjected to discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, creed or disability in the receipt of the Airport’s services or related benefits, you may submit a written complaint with RNO’s Title VI/§504 Administrator.
Complaint forms, instructions, and compliance administrator information can be found below, under Title IV Complaint Instructions and Forms.
Individuals are not required by federal regulations to use this Complaint Procedure, but may file complaints directly with the appropriate outside agency, such as the U.S. Department of Transportation or the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
If a complaint is initially made by phone, it must be supplemented with a written complaint within 90 days after the alleged discriminatory event. Accommodation will be provided upon request to individuals unable to file a written complaint due to disability. Upon request, RNO will make available language assistance for persons with limited English proficiency or other assistance as necessary for filing a complaint.
The Title VI Administrator will promptly investigate all complaints. Reasonable measures will be undertaken to preserve any information that is confidential. The Title VI/§504 Administrator will review every complaint, and when necessary, be assisted in the investigation by a neutral party.
At a minimum the investigating officer will:
- Identify and review all relevant documents, practices and procedures.
- Identify and interview persons with knowledge of the Title VI violation, i.e., the person making the complaint, witnesses or anyone identified by the complainant, anyone who may have been subject to similar activity or anyone with relevant information.
- The Title VI/§504 Administrator will attempt to discuss the issues with the complainant and the concerned RNO department(s) and/or providers, and will attempt to resolve the complaint informally.
Upon completion of the investigation, the Title VI/§504 Administrator will complete a final report. The report shall include a narrative description of the incident, identification of persons interviewed, findings, recommendations and corrective actions taken, and the report will be forwarded to the complainant and the concerned RNO department(s) and/or provider. If a Title VI violation is found to exist, remedial steps as appropriate and necessary will be taken immediately, or if the complaint involves an Airport provider, recommended corrective actions will be conveyed to the provider. The final report will also include information provided to the complainant of his/her right to file a complaint externally. The investigation process and final report should take no longer than ninety (90) days. Receipt of additional relevant information and/or simultaneous filing of complaint with RNO and an external entity may expand the timing of the complaint resolution.
The Title VI/§504 Administrator shall maintain a log of Title VI complaints received which shall include the date the complaint was filed, a summary of the allegations, the status of the complaint, and actions taken in response to the complaint. Should RNO receive a Title VI complaint in the form of a lawsuit, RNO’s Attorney shall be responsible for the investigation of the complaint.
Copies of each Title VI complaint, a summary of the investigative report, any response, and the Airport’s transmittal letter to the complainant will be provided to the Federal Aviation Administration.
If requested, documents describing RNO’s Title VI Policy and Complaint Procedure, provided in both English and Spanish, can be translated into other languages.
Title VI/§504 Complaint Instructions and Forms
Submit a letter or other document that describes your Title VI complaint of discrimination. Or, complete the Title VI complaint of discrimination form (English or Spanish – see below). Or, contact RNO’s Title VI/§504 Compliance Administrator to assist you in submitting a complaint. All complaints must be signed by the person making the complaint and sent to:
ATTN: Title VI/§504 Administrator Tom Luria
Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority
2001 E Plumb Ln.
Reno NV 89502
When filing your complaint please include the following information:
- Name, address, daytime phone number and email address.
- The basis for complaint i.e., race, color, national origin, sex, religion, creed, or disability, etc.
- A description of the incident that led the complaint to feel that discrimination was a factor: i.e., denial of access to services, programs, or benefits, reasonable accommodation; or language services, etc.
- The date(s) the action(s) in question took place.
- The lessees, tenants, concessionaires or contractors accused of discrimination.
- The names of the individuals accused of discrimination.
- The names and daytime phone numbers of any witnesses to the alleged discriminatory action.
- A detailed explanation of the sequence of events which you believe to be discriminatory.
Time is an important factor when filing a complaint with RNO’s Title VI/§504 Administrator. Letters of complaint must be filed within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days of the date the discriminatory action took place.
Please download the forms to use the fillable form fields.
Download: Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority Title VI Complaint Form
Por favor descargue los formularios para usar los campos de formulario rellenables.
Descarga: Autoridad Aeroportuaria de Reno-Tahoe Formulario de queja del Título VI