When traveling to or from Reno-Tahoe International Airport, here are a few helpful tips to remember.
- Hours of Operation - The airport is a public building that is open 24/7. However, the airline hours of operation vary from air carrier to air carrier. Some airline ticket counters open as early as 4:15 am for passenger check-in. The Airport Authority recommends contacting your airline directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- The airlines advise travelers to arrive early, at least 90 minutes to 2 hours prior to flight departure time. Check with your airline for their recommended check-in time.
- Per the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), liquids, gels and aerosols are limited to 3 oz per container in carry-on baggage and must fit in one quart-sized plastic bag per passenger. (For more details, please visit www.tsa.gov for the “3-1-1” Policy.)
- Do not pre-wrap holiday gifts you plan to carry on board the airplane. Security personnel may be required to unwrap and open wrapped packages.
- Limit your carry-on baggage. FAA directives dictate that all passengers are limited to one carry-on bag and one personal item (examples include: purse, briefcase, computer/case, backpack). Pack light, as fewer check-in and carry-on items will speed up the screening process.
- Have photo identification ready upon check-in at the ticket counter and at security checkpoints (example: driver’s license, passport).
- Curbside SkyCap service at Reno-Tahoe International Airport is provided by the following airlines: American and Southwest. (American Airlines charges a fee for this service. Please visit the individual air carrier websites for more specific information.)
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed through security checkpoints. Please see airline ticket counter personnel if you have any special needs, such as accompanying a minor or the elderly.
- Call the airline prior to departure to ensure flight information is correct, and that the flight is on time. For specific flight information, contact the airline directly.
- Help us keep wait times down at the security checkpoints by not packing sharp items. Minimize wearing of jewelry and other metal items when passing through the checkpoints. Be prepared to place all items in a plastic tub for x-ray as well as laptop computers.
- Pack your patience, and enjoy your travel experience.
- Parking Fees: Click here for more parking information.
- To drop off or pick passengers up, use short-term parking. Passengers may also be dropped off or picked up at the front curb. The curbside is for active loading and unloading only. Do not leave your vehicle unattended while using the curbside for drop off.