NEWS RELEASE – Increased Crowds Expected at Reno-Tahoe International Airport during Spring Break
Reno, Nev. – This weekend marks the official start of Spring Break, and Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) will see a significant increase in passenger traffic through mid-April.
Arriving at least two hours early is most important due to parking, airline check-in, and TSA security screening. Check RNO’s website for a feature that shows real-time parking availability to help make an informed decision before arriving at the airport. Uber, Lyft, taxis, public transportation or catching a ride with a friend or relative are other options.
Please remember the following tips:
- Arrive early, at least two hours prior to departure.
- Allow extra time for parking and rental car returns. Watch for overflow lot signage.
- Visit www.renoairport.com for real-time parking availability and follow the airport on social media to be alerted to lot closures.
- To expedite the Transportation Security Administration security screening process:
- Empty pockets, remove shoes, jewelry, personal electronic devices, and place them in the bins provided.
- Wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to remove coats, jackets, and all outerwear.
- Know the TSA 3-1-1 rule for carry-on bags at www.tsa.gov. Liquids, gels, and aerosols must be packed in a one-quart plastic baggie.
- Food brought through security typically requires extra screening.
- Sign up for automated airline flight status alerts sent directly to your smart phone and download boarding passes at home.
As a reminder, per federal mandate all travelers are required to wear face coverings in airports and on planes through April 18, 2022, regardless of proof of vaccination or booster.
The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority receives no state or local funding. All operating revenues are derived from tenant and concession fees. Twelve airlines serve Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO), flying to multiple nonstop destinations throughout the United States and Mexico. For more details, visit www.renoairport.com.