RELEASE – How to Fly Your Way Through Reno-Tahoe International Airport During Thanksgiving
Arriving early is (Tur)Key with Passenger Numbers High
RENO, Nev. (Nov. 21, 2023) – An impressive number of travelers are expected to pass through Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) this holiday season. Airport officials offer the following tips to help make the travel experience stress-free and safe.
RNO is expecting 15,000 passengers to travel through the airport on peak travel days. The busiest days estimated to be Wednesday, Nov. 22 and Sunday, Nov. 26.
Travel tips for departures:
- Arrive at least two hours prior to departure
- Allow extra time for parking and rental car returns – visit www.renoairport.com for real-time parking availability and flight status updates
- Watch for construction and overflow lot signage – consider passenger drop-off curbside before parking
Travel tips for picking up passengers:
- Take advantage of the Free Waiting Lot, located just minutes from the airport. Motorists using the Free Waiting Lot can enter to win free airfare. The sweepstakes is running now through Dec. 31, 2023
Paws 4 Passengers teams are scheduled Nov. 10, 12, 21, 22, 26 and 30 to bring smiles and calm to airport guests.
Traveling with (or for) the turkey? Follow these Transportation Security Administration (TSA) tips:
- Good news! Your cooked avian creature can tag along in your carry-on at the airport.
- Stuff your carry-ons with stuffing! This is welcome through TSA.
- Pumpkin pies, green beans, and mac and cheese – oh my! These are also TSA approved, but anything containing liquids must follow the 3-1-1- rule.