RELEASE – Busy Holiday Travel Days Ahead at the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority
Airport advises travelers to arrive early and plan ahead for parking
RENO, Nev. – The Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) is expecting the largest holiday passenger volumes so far this year, with approximately 60,000 passengers traveling through the airport Independence Day weekend, surpassing a bustling Memorial Day weekend. The busiest days are estimated to be June 29, 30 and July 2.
Passengers are encouraged to plan for the high traffic and limited parking availability with the following travel tips:
- Arrive early, at least two hours prior to departure.
- Allow extra time for parking and rental car returns. Watch for construction and overflow lot signage.
- Visit www.renoairport.com for real-time parking availability and flight status updates. Check with your airline for any questions on flight status.
- Skip the line by enrolling with TSA PreCheck. If the PreCheck lane isn’t open, passengers can use the designated priority lane at RNO.
- Take advantage of the Free Waiting Lot, located just minutes from the airport, when waiting for travelers.
The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority (RTAA) operates two of the most important economic drivers for our region–the Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) and the Reno-Stead (RTS) Airport. Together, they generate $3.1 billion in economic impact annually. The RTAA is financially self-sufficient, meaning it is funded through airport operations and not local taxes. Eleven airlines serve RNO, flying to multiple nonstop destinations throughout the United States and Mexico. For more details, visit www.renoairport.com.